Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

星期六, 六月 21, 2008

Made a trip down to the Neuroscience Clinic at NUH on monday. Seems rather daunting huh. It was, for me at least. I even imagined the worst. Brain scans, x-rays, and "Miss, I'm sorry you have a tumor."

But thank God in the end the doctor assured me it was just migraine. He gave me two months worth of preventive medicine and charged close to 100 bucks before subsidy.

It was a depressing trip nonetheless. I figured I'll get depression if I work there for even one day. Looking at the old, sick and handicapped, and looking at myself again made me feel like I'm one of them, or going to be. That it could be anyone.

But it was an eye-opener as well. It was my first visit anyway. The neurologist went through a series of activities with me, the same set Aya went through in "One Litre of Tears." Using my finger to touch my nose, then his finger, then my nose, then his finger again. Made me exert strength against his on my arms and legs. Made me walk in a straight line. Nope, nothing wrong with my brain. Not significantly at least.

The consultation was soon over. To my disappointment, there was no brain scans. I wished there was, so I could see what's in my head. The waiting time was long, though. Amounted to about 1hour. Will be back there again in two months. For now, that's all for my brain and it's crankiness.

0 条评论:

发表评论

订阅 博文评论 [Atom]

<< 主页