Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

星期日, 五月 11, 2008

Hello.


It's been some time since i last blogged. So many things have happened since then that i have no idea where to start. Chi (teh peng) has opened her eyes and they're so big now. She has started walking too (and enjoys falling off tables.) She's with xinying for now but her cat ain't friendly with the newcomer. Anyone interested in adopting it, please contact xinying.


Exams are over and they went fine. Online newspaper's done too and i'm uber proud of it. In my humble opinion i think it trashed our competitors' and all those from the previous semesters. Will put up the link when it's published.


Johanna and Sherli flew off to Guangzhou and Chiangmai respectively. For internship and ocip. Will definitely miss their presence. Kez' flying off on tues too to Korea. I'll be heading overseas too. What a shame to be using that word since it's just gonna be st. john's island and shah alam. Nonetheless it's rest time still.


The heart is heavy because some things happened at home. Sometimes i wish i don't have to be that strong. I don't mind being pampered and childish yunno. I really don't. But i guess different people have different lives to live. And no matter what, life still goes on. How cliched.







I don't normally share the nitty-grits that go on in my life because they're plain boring. But when i do, it's usually because i have a point to make.

I was on my train the other day, on my way to church from city hall to somerset. A short trip, but i was blessed with a seat. Standing in front of me was an RGS girl with her male counterpart.

Throughout the however short train ride, the guy went on and on about how his rgs friend should be given a seat on the train. And it got worse after the rgs girl lost an empty seat to a small kid.

"You should be sitting you know. It's tiring to wake up at 6am for school and i doubt that kid has to wake up at 6am for school every day. I don't see why he should be given the seat and not you."

(Notes)
1. I just witnessed a small girl lose her footing and knock into a train pole in the morning. Her lips bled and thereafter people started giving up seats for her and her family.
2. It was a Saturday. I'd like to give them the benefit of doubt but i highly suspect the possibility of waking up for school at 6am on a weekend. In any case, you're still so young lah! Can't you tahan for a train ride for goodness sake?!
3. I couldn't help but link this whole incident to the "please, get out of my elite uncaring face" statement by another rgs girl. It may be a terribly unfair equation to make but this is called reputation yunno. I feel ashamed for having aspired to enter rgs when i was 11.
4. I wonder if the boy's from RI. Stereotyping to the max.

And so the boy went on and on and on and on about the woes of his friend not having a seat. I couldn't help but frown at him but apparently he was oblivious about my dismay. The next stop is Somerset and i have a nudging foreboding. I started looking around for pregnant women, old people, small kids to whom i may give up the seat to. But i found none.

Suddenly Singapore ain't aging anymore.


I gave in to how unfair life is. When i got up at my destination, i was 99% sure that the rgs girl took over my seat.

0 条评论:

发表评论

订阅 博文评论 [Atom]

<< 主页