Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

星期三, 一月 02, 2008

Goodbye and Hello--2007, 2008.



Countdown at sher li's place to the most celebrated second of the year. Of strange nostalgia and irrational hopes. All the excitement and cheer on tv, distant and surreal. It's been some many countdowns. I've grown numb to the excitement. Shouldn't we cherish every other second as much as that particularly celebrated one?


Nonetheless, it's never too cliche to look back at the past one year and reminisce. Old friends that's moved on, new friends that might stay. Events and moments of joy, tears and warmth.


Pictures speak a thousand words. Looked through my archives, and here are some photos that best represent my version of 2007.




January.



... Started the photography craze.
A stranger giving out free hugs along Orchard Road. This was one of the first few photos taken with my k800i. I think it sort of captured my photography ideology--capturing simple yet meaningful moments in everyday life, and in doing so, freeze time, making that moment eternal.

... Started loving gary.
I've never once in my life admired any artistes so much so as to join his/her fanclub. Gary was the first. I often wonder if this would just be a passing interest. A blowing of the wind. But every time i hear his singing, listen to his compositions, or watch him live, i never failed to be blown away by him. He is really good.

I guess some people reduced me to a mere 'crazy fan'. I'd evaluate myself from time to time as well. Am i too over? What is the balance? For one, i know my priorities. What are the things that truly matter, and what are peripheral.



Feburary.



... Flowers on Valentine's Day for the first time. Thanks. :)
It's a strangely positive feeling. Besides it being totally unexpected, it's heartwarming knowing that there has been someone there all along. (Although i have no idea how to react...)

... Gfriendclub auditions.
No, you don't have to go through an audition to join gfc. It was an audition for a duet with gary.

Met sia for the first time. My prawn-flavored bumblebee.
I'm your honey, you're my bumblebee.

(Sounds eeks mushy)



March.



... Birthday.
Of the photo, my then caregroup nusa3 celebrated my birthday. Everyone was told to make something which they think represents me using colored blu-tac. I still have them on my desk. Last year's birthday was a relatively simple one. I never liked my birthdays to be a big thing. I prefer it to be a quiet reflective day. Better if it's raining, which it did last year.

... First chawing session.
My first chawing session at cineleisure k-union. And my second at bishan j8. I didn't know many people then and was still really shy. Guess we all have our first times.

... First ktv session with tiyo.
Hmmm, why is the first ktv session with tiyo particularly significant? Because it was my first serious ktv session. Prior to that i had only been to ktv twice. With tiyo, it was just the two of us. It's a lot of singing and i nearly ran out of songs.



April.



... First backpacking trip, all the way to kl.
Backpacking's my way of travel. Exciting, fresh and sometimes lost. It's during this trip that i got to know more gfc people and start to 露出真面目, not so shy liao.

... First time writing kuupoons.
On the last night in kl, in a hotel room. So the music industry is very 黑暗.

... Started learning photoshop.
I was never an IT person. Partly an interest, partly a skill. Took it up, and found it pretty easy after all.



May.



... Eelee's farewell.
A gathering with ancient hsa3. These people were there in my very first cg. Some stayed. Some left and came back again. At the end of the day, we're all together again having dinner around the same table. God's plan works in different ways for every one. It's heartening seeing how God never gave up on each and every one of us.

Although i've always heard about how Eelee wants to be a missionary one day, it always seemed so far away. Until then when i found out that she IS really going church planting in chile, that's when i realized we've all grown up. It's no longer merely talking about what God wants to do through you. It's actually doing it, living out what God wants to do in your life.

Graduating mid-2008. I want to live out my dream too.




... Meatball clan. helmet head. :)
I don't know how long can we be together like this until. It's as good as it lasts.



June.



... mypaper 1st bday party.
Gary chaw. Cafe del mar. Sentosa beach party. Sodagreen. Carlsberg.




... gfc chalet.



July.



... Alpha camp. Hello nusc3.
It was during the alpha camp that i really got to know my current caregroup people better. They're really a very fun bunch of people to be with. Let's serve God together. :)



August.



... Sodagreen concert.
It's my first time to a 售票演唱會, although i got the tix free. They blew me away totally. Just makes you wanna close your eyes and immerse yourself in their music.



September.




... Church Anniversary.
This is my 9th church anniversary already. Every time i attend the church anniversary i feel like crying. Seeing how far God has brought us through, seeing the changed lives around me, seeing God's faithfulness in me. It all makes me wanna cry.



October.




... Laptop design (ext).
Did this using brushes and pen tool. Spent days on the design, and one whole night on execution. Good that my tutor liked it. I learned a lot about photoshop and illustrator in 2007. Learned many design principles, and a little about photography. nm2208's a very fruitful module.



November.



... Wedding dinner.
How significant can a wedding dinner be? November was a hectic month. With countless deadlines and examinations all squashed together. So the wedding dinner was the most happening event for me. LOL. It made me think a lot about my future too.



December.




... Christmas countdown.
December was a month of celebrations. Pulau Ubin, Christmas eventsss, caroling, countdowns, stayovers, baileys, steamboats, etc. A packed month, but a joyous one nonetheless. December's always the month of nostalgia, and yet of hope.





Many things has happened in 2007. It wasn't a normal year for me. New friendships, new caregroup, new responsibilities. I can't foresee the future, but i hope 2008 will be an exciting, challenging and eventful year.



Goodbye 2007. Hello 2008.

0 条评论:

发表评论

订阅 博文评论 [Atom]

<< 主页