Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

星期六, 十一月 17, 2007

wedding+dinner.



Came back from a wedding dinner with many thoughts and feelings. Well, it was a small peaceful dinner. Literally small, with only about 9 tables. And literally peaceful too, also known as boring.


I went in one hour late because i had lessons. I was SO tempted to give it a miss because i am REALLY TIRED physically, having had very little sleep for the past weeks, and having had a long day. But i decided to go in the end. My bro said, "Just eat then leave lor." So i seriously went there for the food, and the food alone.


I stepped into the hotel not knowing where to go and who to expect. I see a wedding dinner reception, and i peeked in. Unfamiliar faces. And then a man calls my name. Alas, it is my uncle. I couldn't recognize him because he has aged ALOT. He now has a blooming head of white hair, somewhat resembling our minister mentor.


Quite saddening to see my uncle age so much. People DO get old.


My uncle leads me in and introduces me to the wedding couple. I stare at them for a moment and wonder, "Which one am i related to?"


Apparently it's the groom, and apparently he just got back from overseas studies.


So i got seated down with my dad and my bro, at a table of strangers. Strangers indeed, i don't know them at all. And they don't know me either. So began the long peaceful dinner. It is so long and so peaceful that i got out my trusted k800i and starting snapping pictures.


At the end of the LONG PEACEFUL dinner (notice the stress yet again), i probably took some ten thousand photos of knives and plates and strangers. Here are some to share.



(1): Diagonal lines in photos give a sense of motion--NM2208.
(2): 豆花飯莊
(3): Their way of tea. Everyone's cup has some of these herbs, and they just keep pouring hot water in and you have your tea.
(4): Totally random.



Tea. Chrysanthemum, longnan, 枸杞子, and miscellaneous herbs i don't know of.





These three pictures are of the same collection.
(1): Ceiling lamp.
(2): Strangers.
(3): Where my eyes rest at for half the time.


There is something really special about this restaurant. There are two male waiters who would go around topping up your tea with the teapot with ULTRA-LONG spout. And you know i'm the kind that don't really bother how other people are looking at me. So i requested to take a picture of one of them.


Beady eyes, fair skin. So typical. I wonder if they include these features in the job requirements.




This series is entitled "Watch how the water flows"

I drank some SIX cups of tea before i managed to take these photos. Sometimes, the guy refilled my cup before i got my camera ready. Sometimes this other female waitress who is dedicated to refilling cups came along and refilled my cup with a normal teapot. THIS SERIES is thus also entitled "為藝術而犧牲之喝爆了肚". Long title.


Another reason why this wedding dinner is so peaceful is because there is none of those usual stuff like Bride-Walks-Down-Among-DryIce, Cut-the-Cake, Pour-the-Champagne, Watch-Courtship-Videos. And also no YAM-SENG. It's just eat your food and smile.


Which gets me thinking. What kind of a wedding dinner do i want? Or do i even want to have one in the first place?


If you've asked me before, you'd have known that my type of a honeymoon is a backpacking trip around Europe. None of the 5-star hotels and Disneylands. My type of a honeymoon (or travel for that matter), isn't one that paints a perfect picture of that country. I want to be immersed in THEIR culture, live THEIR way of life, and explore THEIR beauty.


SO. Coming back to my type of wedding dinner, i think it would be a simple in-house buffet with home cooked food. No sharksfin, no abalone, and NO WEDDING HONGBAOS. They're all such a waste of money. Instead of wedding hongbaos, everyone just have to bring a letter or note with their blessings. I think that's so much more meaningful than eating abalones with strangers.





So, having written my longest post in ages, and you having read my longest post in ages, i wanna know how DO YOU FEEL. Do you enjoy reading these chunks of words or do you prefer KISS (keep-it-simple+sweet)??

Because for me personally, when i see chunks of words on a person's blog, usually i'll just skim through, if not skip through. Unless i take great interest in this person, like close friends and all.

So, FEEDBACK LAHS. KISS? OR CHUNKY?? Go and TAG!

0 条评论:

发表评论

订阅 博文评论 [Atom]

<< 主页