Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

星期一, 八月 13, 2007

this is my #210 post on this blog.
this is officially my longest blog ever. =)




Today's my first day of school. Yippee!
Arts Canteen! Yippeeee!




See, the newly renovated arts canteen now has two levels and is clean and well-lit.




Gasps! YONG TAU FOO!! *mad rush*


BUT...

Step 1: Get past the QUEUE.
I guess the eight long months of abstinence from this simple delicacy has left all our taste buds longing. The queue is so #@&%*! long but everyone just 心甘情愿地排队. This is what i term as the Arts Canteen Legend.




After waiting for about 45 mins, i finally got my bowl of yongie. *slurps*




Yong tau foo is a simple dish. Found in practically EVERY foodcourt and canteen. Why is this one so special? I truly appreciated this simple little dish during its absence. I tried yongie at engine canteen, and then i ate it no more.


Many people go for laksa yong tau foo, which i did too before i discovered a better way of eating yongie. Now, i would order yongie soup, with guotiao-mian. The soup base is clear, fresh and very 清香. Then add a spoonful of chilli which they provide for the dry yongie. The result is addiction. Try it! It's really spicy though, so not everyone will love it, but i do!


WARNING: The above procedure is not to be repeated with ordinary yongie, ONLY yongie at NUS arts canteen. (I tried it several times elsewhere, and the result is utterly disappointing.)

0 条评论:

发表评论

订阅 博文评论 [Atom]

<< 主页