Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

星期日, 二月 04, 2007

Valentine's Part 1

Today saw the first part of a 2-part valentine's series. Valentine's Service. Reminds me of God's faithfulness to me. Cuz i first came Hope on a valentine's service, 13 feb '99. It has indeed been God's faithfulness, grace and relentless love that has kept me in this church. I've always been a 三分钟热度 person. I see this trend in everything i do. Collecting stamps to coins to shells to snapple bottle caps now. Trying to learn to cook, to bake, to knit, to jigsaw, to skate. Even ballet, for which i live in constant regret. Yet it is not so for God. And i thank God and God alone. Of course for the many people in my lives who have seen me thru, but ultimately, it is the work of God. And as i remember God for His loving kindness, i renew an oath.

Jasmine shared with us today about sexual temptation. I consider it sheer grace of God that i should be able to remain pure. Though i don't consider myself one with strong sexual desires or that i struggle with sexual-related sins, i recall myself being tempted on several occasions because i was weak, tired, dry, or careless. Times when i battled with myself. Times when my heart ruled over my mind, or when my mind simply gave up. The sheer grace of God. Hence i renew once again my oath of abstinence.

A book to recommend for sisters. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Discusses openly regarding the emotions women feel and why we feel this way. The whole book revolves around the belief that every woman is captivating, which is true, and that we can and should live it out. Not the 'traditional' type of books which simply put forth lists of dos and don'ts. There's a version for the other gender too, "Wild at Heart". =)

Btw, Kaka Ricardo practised abstinence too before his marriage. =D
Here's his handsome pic with his wife caroline. =) Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

标签:

0 条评论:

发表评论

订阅 博文评论 [Atom]

<< 主页