Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

星期二, 十月 03, 2006

Due to the nature of this post, and to sheer laziness, I shall blog in ENGLISH! Woohoo.

I was blog surfing around for inspiration when i saw weizhu's blogpost on "Speak Good English" Campaign. The significance of proper English is plain to all most. Yet the social significance of Singlish is not to be undermined as well. As how most have reasoned, Singlish helps in building the Singaporean identity. In fact, I have observed that many social groups have developed their own unique variant language. The evolution of their dialects, lingos, accents, etc are closely linked with their cultural background, religion and history. So Singlish runs deeper than being mere broken English. It has its own set of grammatical rules, embraces Singapore's cultural richness and tugs the heartstrings of every Sinagporean. So "hip-hip-hurray" for Singlish yea.

Talkingcock.com
French-Singlish Dictionary! I wonder how my tutor would respond if I used it for oral. Wahaha.

标签:

0 条评论:

发表评论

订阅 博文评论 [Atom]

<< 主页